- Hello readers! Call us “Pinoybizsurfer”. The Newest Entertainment Blog Site! So readers, anticipate for our latest and hottest pinoy entertainment scoops and updates. Hope you enjoyed visiting the site. Just leave a comments, suggestions or feedback pls. So we can know your opinions related with our Blog Site. Thank you and Have a nice day! Happy Reading!
- 36th MMFF (8)
- 37th MMFF (15)
- Albums (16)
- Bench UNCUT (4)
- Box-Office (47)
- Entertainment (140)
- Instant News (1)
- Kapamilya (172)
- Kapatid (16)
- Kapuso (148)
- Magazines (237)
- Movies (123)
- Music (18)
- pbsTwitpics (1)
- Personal (8)
- Photos (6)
- Poll (98)
- Ratings (1)
- Scandal (6)
- Spotlight (40)
- Studio 23 (2)
- Technology (3)
- TV Commercials (5)
- TV Ratings (112)
01/29 - 02/05
- ABS-CBN Begins 2012 on a High Note; Continues to L...
- Iya Villania on Health Today February 2012 Cover
- GMA-7 Starts 2012 with a Strong Ratings Performanc...
- Three New Kapuso Shows will launch on Party Pilipi...
- Angel Locsin's Secret, to be Revealed in 'TODA Max...
- ABS-CBN's 'Nang Dahil Sa Pag-ibig' Official Cast L...
- Sarah Geronimo at Her Best in an 'SOS Performance'...
- Kim Chiu, Judy Ann Santos and Sharon Cuneta Cover ...
- 'My Cactus Heart' Grosses P10.91-M in Five Days
- 'Ikaw Ay Pag-ibig' Final Episode Tops Nationwide T...
- Fall in Love with Aiza Seguerra's Latest Album 'So...
- Jessy Mendiola Paired with Sam Milby in 'Maalaala ...
- Love, Betrayal and Revenge Take Centerstage in 'BR...
- ABS-CBN’s Official Statement on Their Newest Noont...
- Jasmine Curtis-Smith - Meg Magazine February 2012 ...
- 'Biritera' Takes Centerstage on GMA-7 Beginning Fe...
- Odyssey Top-Selling OPM Albums: Willie Revillame's...
- (Annebisyosa Concert Video) Anne Curtis & Sarah Ge...
- ▼ 01/29 - 02/05 (18)
- ► 2011 (536)
- ► 2010 (415)
Most Photogenic Young Female Celebrity Poll for 2010: Final Ranking
1. Kim Chiu
2. Angel Locsin
6. Anne Curtis
10. Bea Alonzo
11. Rhian Ramos
12. Isabel Oli
Saturday, February 4, 2012
at 9:57 AM Posted by zeaven28
GMA Network, Inc. (GMA) delivered a compelling sign-on this 2012 after winning the most number of Filipino urban television households nationwide this January, according to data of the more widely trusted ratings service provider Nielsen TV Audience Measurement.
Based on household data recorded during the entire month (January 22 to 31 based on overnight readings), GMA had 36.7 average household audience share points, higher by 7.7 points than ABS-CBN's 29 points; and 21.5 points over TV5's 15.2 points.
Using an estimate of five viewers per household, GMA had 1.4 million more viewers over ABS-CBN and 3.9 million more viewers over TV5 from all over the country this January.
In Total Urban Luzon, which comprises over 77 percent of total television households nationwide, GMA posted double-digit leads over ABS-CBN and TV5. GMA had 39.9 household share points versus ABS-CBN's 25.5 points and TV5's 15.
GMA's solid programming therefore won approximately two million more viewers than ABS-CBN and about 3.5 million more viewers over TV5 in this area.
In Mega Manila, which now makes up more than 59 percent of total urban television households nationwide due to the recently added panel homes in Batangas and Laguna, GMA registered stronger double-digit margins over competing stations. GMA recorded 40.8 household share points as against ABS-CBN's 23.8 and TV5's 15.8 points.
In GMA's recognized bailiwick, it had an estimated 1.9 milllion more viewers over ABS-CBN and about 2.8 million more viewers over TV5 this January.
GMA continues its dominating performance across all areas in both morning and afternoon blocks. On primetime (6pm to 11pm), GMA hiked its nationwide share points from 31.8 points in December 2011 to 33.1 points in January this year. ABS-CBN, on the other hand, dropped its nationwide primetime share by 0.2 point.
GMA dominated the lists of overall top 10 programs in Total Urban Luzon and Mega Manila with seven and eight entries, respectively.
The Nielsen TV Audience Measurement used by GMA is used by 21 companies including two other local networks, namely, TV5 and Solar Entertainment; Faulkner Media; CBN Asia; 13 advertising agencies and three regional clients. On the other hand, ABS-CBN is the only local major TV network reportedly subscribing to Kantar Media, formerly known as TNS.
In Mega Manila alone, the Nielsen TV Audience Measurement has a sample size of 1,190 homes as compared to Kantar Media's 770 homes. Nationwide, Nielsen has a total sample size of 2,000 homes compared to the lower sample size of 1,370 utilized by Kantar Media.
text and photo: GMA Network