- Hello readers! Call us “Pinoybizsurfer”. The Newest Entertainment Blog Site! So readers, anticipate for our latest and hottest pinoy entertainment scoops and updates. Hope you enjoyed visiting the site. Just leave a comments, suggestions or feedback pls. So we can know your opinions related with our Blog Site. Thank you and Have a nice day! Happy Reading!
- 36th MMFF (8)
- 37th MMFF (15)
- Albums (16)
- Bench UNCUT (4)
- Box-Office (47)
- Entertainment (140)
- Instant News (1)
- Kapamilya (172)
- Kapatid (16)
- Kapuso (148)
- Magazines (237)
- Movies (123)
- Music (18)
- pbsTwitpics (1)
- Personal (8)
- Photos (6)
- Poll (98)
- Ratings (1)
- Scandal (6)
- Spotlight (40)
- Studio 23 (2)
- Technology (3)
- TV Commercials (5)
- TV Ratings (112)
01/29 - 02/05
- ABS-CBN Begins 2012 on a High Note; Continues to L...
- Iya Villania on Health Today February 2012 Cover
- GMA-7 Starts 2012 with a Strong Ratings Performanc...
- Three New Kapuso Shows will launch on Party Pilipi...
- Angel Locsin's Secret, to be Revealed in 'TODA Max...
- ABS-CBN's 'Nang Dahil Sa Pag-ibig' Official Cast L...
- Sarah Geronimo at Her Best in an 'SOS Performance'...
- Kim Chiu, Judy Ann Santos and Sharon Cuneta Cover ...
- 'My Cactus Heart' Grosses P10.91-M in Five Days
- 'Ikaw Ay Pag-ibig' Final Episode Tops Nationwide T...
- Fall in Love with Aiza Seguerra's Latest Album 'So...
- Jessy Mendiola Paired with Sam Milby in 'Maalaala ...
- Love, Betrayal and Revenge Take Centerstage in 'BR...
- ABS-CBN’s Official Statement on Their Newest Noont...
- Jasmine Curtis-Smith - Meg Magazine February 2012 ...
- 'Biritera' Takes Centerstage on GMA-7 Beginning Fe...
- Odyssey Top-Selling OPM Albums: Willie Revillame's...
- (Annebisyosa Concert Video) Anne Curtis & Sarah Ge...
- ▼ 01/29 - 02/05 (18)
- ► 2011 (536)
- ► 2010 (415)
Most Photogenic Young Female Celebrity Poll for 2010: Final Ranking
1. Kim Chiu
2. Angel Locsin
6. Anne Curtis
10. Bea Alonzo
11. Rhian Ramos
12. Isabel Oli
Saturday, February 4, 2012
at 11:35 AM Posted by zeaven28
ABS-CBN Corporation, the country’s largest multimedia conglomerate, opens the year 2012 on a high note as it continues to lead national TV ratings in January, especially on primetime when most Filipinos TV and where advertisers invest most of their TV ad placements.
Kantar Media, which has national samples of 1,389 homes and 8,015 individuals that are statistically representative of total Philippine TV population, reported that ABS-CBN scored an average audience share of 41.2% nationwide based on households watching TV, or a nine point lead against rival GMA that hit only 32.1% on primetime (6 PM – 12MN).
ABS-CBN programs once again proved to be the most watched in the previous month as eight out of the top ten programs nationwide for January were produced by ABS-CBN.
Top-caliber primetime series “Walang Hanggan” instantly rose to the top spot with an average household TV rating of 29.6% followed by weeknight tearjerker “Budoy” and recently concluded Christmas-serye “Ikaw ay Pag-ibig” on the second spot, both with 29.4%.
Kim Chiu starrer “My Binondo Girl,” which also aired its finale, garnered an average household TV rating of 28.2% in fourth while Asia’s longest running drama anthology “MMK” is on fifth with 27.5%.
Newest series “Eboy,” on the other hand, secured the sixth spot despite its only few days of airing and scored an average national TV rating of 27.2%.
Meanwhile, “TV Patrol” opens the year of the water dragon still as the number one newscast in the country as it hit an average household TV rating of 26.3% as opposed to rival “24 Oras” with only 19.8%.
She may be gone for good, but Elisa can still be found in Kantar Media’s most watched list last month as the local adaptation “Nasaan Ka Elisa?” placed 7th nationwide with 24.4%.
Completing the top ten is the number one current affairs show in the country, “Rated K,” anchored by Korina Sanchez, which got the last spot with 21.8% average household TV rating.
ABS-CBN registered a net income of P2.2 billion in the first nine months of 2011, while news media reported that GMA Network earned P1.58 billion net income in the same period.
Kantar Media, a multinational market research group that specializes in audience measurement in more than 80 countries, has 22 TV networks, ad agencies, and pan-regional networks subscribing to its ratings services. Among its current subscribers are ABS-CBN, NBN, Sky Cable, J. Romero and Associates, Adformatix, Starcom, OMD, PhD, Mediacom, Mindshare, MEC, Maxus, Universal McCann, and Wellmade Manufacturing Corporation. They also include pan-regional networks likes CSM Media Inc., Fox International Channels, Star HK, Discovery, AXN, HBO, MTV, and Sony Pictures Television International.
ABS-CBN shifted to Kantar Media/TNS after filing a case vs. AGB Nielsen Media Research for failing to comply with its request to investigate alleged cheating and data tampering in TV ratings. The case is still pending in court contrary to claims by GMA, which is not a party to the case, that it has been resolved.
text courtesy: ABS-CBN; photo courtesy: Jojit Lorenzo and ABS-CBN